Training on Climate Change Policy and Programmes Concludes with Identifying the Action Points to be Implemented
The "Training on Climate Change Policy and Programmes to the NGOs" concluded successfully on 2 July 2012 in Pokhara, Nepal identifying the action points to be implemented in respective district in leadership of the participants.
Total of 27 participants representing NGOs from 22 districts of all five development region attended the four days training. Mainly, the training focussed on science and impacts of climate change, international negotiation, national policy and programmes such as climate change policy, NAPA, LAPA, PPCR, etc, community based adaptation, and roles of civil society on climate advocacy.
The action points identified by the training mainly includes
1. Orientation to the organization staff and executive board on climate change
2. Assessment of climate change stakeholders and initiatives in district
3. District orientation on climate change polity and programmes
4. Initiation of district level network on climate change
5. Orientation to the schools children, youth, women's group, forest users group, etc at local level
6. Consultation and advocacy to incorporate climate change adaptation and mitigation activities in VDC and DDC development plan
Clean Energy Nepal (CEN) on behalf of Climate Change Network Nepal (CCNN) and NGO Network on Climate Change (NGONCC) with support from the European Union, Oxfam GB Nepal and LI-BIRD organized this training. It mainly contributed to develop the climate change facilitators in district level. Participants expressed their strong commitment to initiate the implementation of action points in their respective district. The organizers also shared their commitment to contribute from their level best for the effective follow up of this training.
Download Training Proceeding