Project Area: Kathmandu Valley
Project Duration: November 2011 to January 2012
Clean Energy Nepal and Clean Air Network Nepal conducted a “Public Transport Quality Survey” from November 2011 to January 2012 to provide detailed picture of public transport quality, to include elements of travel pattern i.e. trip origin and destination and mode of choices.
• Review of past and current studies, projects and policies on public transport systems in Nepal
• Development or Designing the Survey Questionnaire
• Training of surveyors on the questionnaire tool
• Survey to public transport users
• Data Entry, analysis and summary report
• Final report on public transport user survey in Kathmandu which provides as a strong advocacy document in the future.
• Provided recommendations to improve the travel conditions of public transport users, increase the quality and performance of public transport and its associated environmental and social benefits.